Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rainy Days

are my favorite days, we have had clouds, thunder and lightening storms, and rain for the past three days which are desperately needed, Utah has been on fire all month, it's been super dry and windy.  I think at one point there were 8 different fires burning at once across the state. SCARY.   There have been a couple in Southern Utah as well, so it's a blessing to get the rain.


 What does that have to do with my card today?  Just that it has this cute duck standing in the rain!!  The card is for the Card Cupid challenge which is WINGS, this cute image is from Wings and Willows and is a lot of fun to color up, you should go check out Wings and Willows etsy shop, Rebecca has a lot of cute images to choose from. 

I used the sketch from JUST ADD INK and tweaked it just a little bit. I used pattern paper from my stash, actually, everything was from my stash...I love that! I used two sizes of brads because I didn't have four of the same size....I guess ya have to improvise sometimes.  :)

I colored the image with copics, cut out and embellished the scalloped circle (Spellbinders) and used some ribbon that I've had for awhile. I found the quote online, not sure who the author is, but loved it!  Then I just added some color and sentiment to the inside to finish it off!  Hope you like it, and hope you come join our challenge over at CARD CUPIDS!!








15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I just love the colors & layout! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! The duck is adorable and I love how you colored him!! And the quote is so awesome :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you've had some rain! Love the black and green on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh...I love this...sooooo adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! So glad you are getting relief from the drought and wind. We need rain too. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Starla.
    Great colouring and I am loving that sentiment :)
    We have a bit of rain today as well.
    I think it was mentioned that we have over 25 new forest fires burning in NW Ontario right now. But a total of 754 for this year. Crazy eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you've used on this card, Sharla - and what great improvisation with the brads! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card . You did a great job coloring the cute ducky and the sentiment is perfect.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is soooo sweet!!! I love that you're happy with the rain and that your card showed that! That duck is a cutie and the greeting is super wonderful too!!!! How cool is that polka dot tape!!! Enjoy the weather change lovely lady!
    SMiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute image and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a sweet card Sharla, the image is adorable and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at JAI this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sharla, this is such a great card! Love the use of black and sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little duckie and the sentiment is perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sharla, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!